|Graduate Admissions Contact InformationKathy Lucas
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO 80523Phone: 970-491-7966E-mail: email@example.com
Pre-Application: Pre-applications for Fall 2015 will open October 1, 2014.
January 15th, 2015 for fellowship consideration
February 1st, 2015 for all applications, although we will continue with rolling admissions until our class is full
The Chemistry Department fully supports all Ph.D. students who remain in good academic standing via Graduate Teaching or Graduate Research Assistantships. We support our students with full stipends ($24,000/year for the 2014-15 year) and paid tuition ($22,248 for first year out-of-state ; $9,076 for in-state students). Total support for first year students for the 2014-2015 academic year will average $44,248 ($31,076 for in-state students). There are additional fellowships available as well for well-qualified students.
There is no application fee associated with the Department of Chemistry Graduate Application. However, there is a fee associated with the Colorado State University Graduate School application. Please do not pay this CSU Graduate School fee at this time. After you apply directly to the Department of Chemistry and are admitted, we will pay your CSU Graduate School application fee.
Graduate Student Recruitment Weekends
Spring 2015 Recruiting Weekends
February 28 – March 1
Details on the weekend, travel, and accommodations will be provided via email after you have been accepted by the department.
In order to be considered for admission to the Department of Chemistry at Colorado State University, the following documents are required:
1) One official transcript from each post-secondary school attended. Send your official transcript(s) to Kathy Lucas, Graduate Admissions Coordinator, Colorado State University, Chemistry Department, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1872.
2) Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your chemistry abilities and potential for success in graduate study.
3) Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. (The CSU school code is 4075.)
The subject GRE is not required.
4) The completed departmental pre-application (described below).
In addition to these requirements, all international applicants must provide the following:
5) Official TOEFL examination scores.
6) Official, translated copies (to English) of any transcript submitted from a non-English speaking country.
7) Proof of external financial support, if applicable.
If you are interested in applying to our program, please complete the departmental pre-application first. Once admitted to the Chemistry Department we will encourage you to complete the Graduate School’s application, and the Chemistry Department will pay the application fee.
Before you begin the online application, you will need the following information:
- Your contact information
- Information about schools you have previously attended including:
- Dates of attendance
- Degree obtained
- GPA (both total GPA and Chemistry-only)
- Contact information for three letters of reference. For each reference, we need his or her:
- Current email address.
- Requests for letters will be sent electronically by our database, once the application is submitted.
- A description of your past research experience
- While you are welcome to cut and paste sections of your resume, please also include a narrative of what you worked on, and how what you learned through your research experience relates to your future goals in graduate school.
- Your statement of purpose
- Why do you want to attend graduate school, and in particular, why do you want to come to Colorado State University?
- Faculty in our department whose work interests you