Albert C. Yates Hall
New Chemistry Research Building
The Department of Chemistry at Colorado State occupies three buildings on the main CSU campus. The 157,000 square-foot Chemistry Building houses four floors of offices, teaching and research laboratories, chemical and equipment stockrooms, and machine, glassblowing, and electronics shops, as well as lecture halls, classrooms, and seminar rooms.
The Albert C. Yates Hall opened in the fall of 2002. The Yates Building houses state-of-the-art undergraduate laboratories and classrooms for biology, biochemistry, and chemistry (4th & 5th floors).
The new Chemistry Research Building opened Fall 2017. The new state-of-the-art research facility provides a home for students to learn side-by-side with leading scientists to solve global challenges. The new Chemistry Research Building provides 60,000 square feet of additional hood-intensive lab space, integrating collaborative student and faculty research across multiple areas of chemistry.
The department houses a number of modern support facilities, including:
- The new Analytical Resources Core that contains extensive NMR, mass spectrometry, and other resources
- The CLeRC is a core departmental resource that promotes the development of new learning communities, provides support for collaborative, active, and student-centered pedagogies both in and out of the classroom, and increases access to educational technologies.
- A Materials Characterization Facility
(within the CIF) containing powder diffraction, thermal analysis, and various spectroscopic instruments
- Modern computing facilities under the supervision of CNSIT
- Support shops (electronic and machine) staffed by full-time personnel
- A staffed x-ray analysis facility for single-crystal structure analysis
- A chemistry stockroom that provides chemicals and supplies for all avenues of research
- Ready access to the chemical literature through resources at the CSU Morgan Library and electronic and internet-based resources supported by the Chemistry Department and the CSU Libraries