Welcome to the CSU Chemistry Stockroom
A friendly, one-stop shop for all your chemical and scientific supply needs. Located in the Chemistry Building D-Wing on the Colorado State University main campus.
An Update From the Chemistry Stockroom on COVID-19
In order to have open communication in these strange times the following updates have been made to the stockroom policies to help keep both the customers and the employees of the stockroom safe and healthy.
What we are doing for you:
- Creating clear and easy signing to expedite order pickup. All packages are located in aisle 6 that are organized and labeled by the research group.
- Wearing masks, wiping surfaces, and following safety protocols to protect our employees and you.
- At this time we have temporarily suspended all walk up sales. We are still open moving forward for sales but we just ask you to use our fulfillment procedure on our website.
- Once your order is ready you will receive an email from the stockroom and simply come to the stockroom and sign out the purchase. You will also be emailed a copy of the invoice for your records. Your fulfillment package will be in aisle 5 sorted by stockroom card number.
- Our inventory is also available via the button at the bottom of this page, but if you have further questions either email stockroom manager, Ben Shupe, directly or call the stockroom at 970-491-6238.
What we are asking of you:
- Following the new ordinance of the City of Fort Collins and the University’s policy, we ask that you please wear a mask when entering the stockroom.
- If you do not have access to the chemistry building, as it requires key card access, please simply come to one of the 2 doorbells located at the receiving door (south) or on the west side of the building. Here is map of these doorbells. Please allow us a few minutes to come to the door.
- Maintain at least 6 ft distance between other customers and our employees. Xs are clearly marked on floors to help ensure safe distances.
- If you are feeling unwell, please send another person to pick up your items or we will continue to hold them while you are out.
We are here for you in these trying times and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the stockroom.
The chemistry stockroom wants to hear from you! Please fill out this survey to let us know what you buy from the stockroom and what you wish it stocked.
- NOTE: 2-propanol bulk tech grade has been discontinued due to sharp price increase by vendor. Cost would be the same as ACS grade.
- The Chemistry Stockroom is not open to the public.
The Chemistry Stockroom provides a large selection of chemicals and scientific supplies to the University, without the necessity of each college, department or research group maintaining its own separate storeroom. Items the stockroom carries includes:
- Extensive chemicals and supplies.
- Lab coats in sizes 34 through 56.
- Flame resistant lab coats.
- Gloves for sale to students: nitrile, latex and vinyl in sizes XS through XL.
- Liquid nitrogen dewars filled while you wait.
- Dry ice – don’t forget to bring a cooler.
For any questions concerning products and availability, please call the Chemistry Stockroom at 970-491-6238.