Challenge Exam (Chem 107, 111, or 113)
Challenge exams are paper-based. If you pass the exam, you will receive credit for the course (3 or 4 credits) and a grade of S (Satisfactory), which will not affect your GPA. If you don’t pass the exam, nothing will be reported on your transcript. Credit for the challenge exam will not give you credit for the lab, CHEM 108, 112, or 114, so you will need to take that separately should you need this course for your major.
To take the challenge exam for CHEM 107, 111, or 113, you’ll need to:
- Visit https://registrar.colostate.edu/challenge-exam/ to read about the CSU departmental challenge exams.
- Read the attached policies and fill out the challenge exam form.
- Print and sign the form. Make sure you fill out the fields.
- Scan the form and return it to Kerry MacFarland as an attachment via email. If approved, Dr. MacFarland will sign and return via email attachment.
- Return the form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Contact Kerry MacFarland to schedule your test.
Chemistry Major/Minor Forms
For Undergraduate Major, Minor, Concentration, or Certificate Changes, please follow this link for instructions.
Accelerated BS/MS Program
Supervised College Teaching
- Approval of Variable Credit Course Form – CHEM 384 – Supervised College Teaching *This form must be filled out in the presence of your mentor
Courses may be added and dropped on RAMweb through the end of the Add/Drop period for the individual class. After the first week of class, an Add Restriction override from the instructor is required to add a course. The specific Add/Drop deadline for each course is listed on the online Class Schedule or on “Registered Courses” on RAMweb . When an on-campus course is dropped, any charges associated with the course are refunded. For refunds associated with Continuing Education online courses, refer to CSU Online.
A $50 late registration fee will be assessed to any student adding their first class or Continuous Registration on or after the first day of classes.
More information here: https://registrar.colostate.edu/registration-changes/
Grade Change Requests
Late grades or grade change requests must be submitted via ARIESweb using the Grade Change link by the instructor of record.
Undergraduate Internship, Independent Study, and Research:
- Approval of Variable Credit Course Form – CHEM 487- Internship
- Approval of Variable Credit Course Form – CHEM 495- Independent Study
- Approval of Variable Credit Course Form – CHEM 498- Research
- *These forms must be filled out in the presence of your mentor
NOTE: Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training is mandatory and must be completed prior to submitting your ‘Approval of Variable Credit Course’ form and requesting department approval to enroll in either CHEM 495 or CHEM 498.
Please see the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training Memo for complete details.