Shops (Electronic and Machine)
The Chemistry Department maintains a variety of professional shops that support in-house and campus-wide research efforts. Each is staffed by full-time expert personnel. For questions please contact Tom Frederick.
Tom is located in Chem B101 and can be reached by phone at 970-491-5545.
Tom has a level 1 EPA certificate to work with refrigerants. He repairs a variety of refrigeration equipment listed below.
- Design and fabrication of electronic circuitry and equipment
- Troubleshooting and repair of malfunctioning electronic and mechanical equipment
- Training available for electronic design and construction
- 40+ years of experience as an Electronic Technician and Electrical Engineer
Student Machine Shop
- Open to use by students with prior experience or training
- Limited training available for Lathe and Milling machine operation
- Repair of refrigerant based equipment
- Items serviced include:
- refrigerators, standard and -80C freezers
- environmental chambers, incubators, refrigerated centrifuges
- chillers and glovebox freezers