This page will continue to be updated as more information becomes available. If there is something missing from here that you would like to know, please email us at For information and resources from the college on virtual learning, please visit


Where is COVID-19 in Colorado?

See the latest and most accurate updates from the Department of Public Health & Environment at

Where can I find more information from the university?

CSU is closely monitoring and following COVID-19 (Coronavirus) guidance as outlined by public health experts. For more information visit:

Where can I find more information from the college?

Similarly, the College of Natural Sciences has set up an FAQ website that is regularly updated at


How do I access my mail?

Mail that was received 3/18 or before is in your mailbox and can be accessed through the hallway by code.  Please email if you need a reminder of your code.  All larger packages received by the front desk and future mail drops are moving to the satellite receiving room, Chemistry B115B.  This will include drops previously made to the stockroom.  Chemistry Research will continue to get packages delivered to the receiving room, 102AA.

How will I record my time in TimeClock Plus?

You will continue to record your time as before i.e. worked 8 hours.  If you are sick please record that in TimeClock Plus.  If you are taking annual leave, please record that in TimeClock Plus.  This can be done on your phone with an app.

  • If and when the administration decides to close the University your time will then be administrative leave and that is something Kristin, Diane and Karen will enter. If the administration makes changes to these policies, we will update this page and communicate those decisions to you. Please think outside of the box to fill your hours, as needed. Write up manuals for portions of your work, take webinars and professional development classes to hone your skills, etc.

Who do I contact with questions about resources needed for teaching?

Resources questions for software, GTA time requests, reimbursements, how to deal with the student disability center, and other things of that nature should be funneled to Alan Kennan. We will develop larger-scale solutions where the need arises. Don’t feel like you need to deal with the university teaching machinery on your own.

There is also information available on the College of Natural Sciences resource page:

What do I do if I can't access Scifinder or Web of Science?

If you are not able to access these sites and can no longer get there from VPN, try the following:

  • Step 1: Please log out of Pulse completely.
  • Step 2: Go directly to the library page, and access the resource you need from there.
  • Step 3: You should be prompted to login with your CSU username and password.
  • Step 4: If that does not work, please try a different browser or incognito mode. Type web of science or scifinder into the search function to get to the right place.

Accessing the HR employee self service portal

  1. Go to
  2. Under Application Systems click “HR system”.
  3. Then sign in.

Changing direct deposit info

  1. Go to
  2. Under Application Systems click “HR system”.
  3. Then sign in.
  4. Under CSU Employee Self Service click “Direct Deposit Management”.

Update address and other personal information

  1. Go to
  2. Under Application Systems click “HR system”.
  3. Then sign in.
  4. Under CSU Employee Self Service click “Personal Information.”.
  5. Scroll through and click update in the top right corner of the section you want to change.
  6. Click through and make your update.
  7. Make sure to fully submit the changes.

Changing tax withholdings

  1. Go to
  2. Under Application Systems click “HR system”.
  3. Then sign in.
  4. Under CSU Employee Self Service click “W4 Tax form”.
  5. You will need to make your changes and submit them.
  6. Make sure to do this for both Federal and State.

Accessing pay advices

  1. Go to
  2. Under Application Systems click “HR system”.
  3. Then sign in.
  4. Under CSU Employee Self Service click “Pay advices”. You can see and month by clicking the dropdown arrow selecting a month and clicking go.
  5. FireFox prints the best.

Accessing W-2

  1. Go to
  2. Under Application Systems click “HR system”.
  3. Then sign in.
  4. Under CSU Employee Self Service click “Employee W-2”. Here you will find all your W2’s.

CSU Amazon Account

How do I get a CSU Business Amazon Account?

For instructions on setting up a CSU Business Amazon Account, please see instructions here: Amazon Account Set Up

What email do I use to set up my CSU Amazon Account?

Your CSU email.

Can I purchase from Amazon with a CSU Account?

Only if you hold a CSU PCARD.

What are rules and regulations around Amazon Purchases?

In accordance with the “clickwrap agreement” exception in Section VIII.(C) of the PCARD manual, the following procedures have been created for individual cardholders to request tax exempt status with online merchants. These procedures will also be formalized via a modification to the PCard Handbook in coordination with the Office of Policy and Compliance.

  • Cardholders will create an account with an online merchant by using their University .edu email address.
  • Cardholders will only conduct university business using their .edu email address. Personal business with the same merchant must use a personal email account (i.e., Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Cardholder agrees not to post any comments, feedback or reviews related to purchases made for University business.
  • Cardholder agrees not to use the University’s tax exempt status for personal purchases. Such purchases will be considered fiscal misconduct and will result in revocation of the PCard and may result in termination and possible employment disciplinary action, criminal and civil prosecution.

How much can I purchase at a time from Amazon?

No more than $3,000.

Can I have the items shipped to my house?


Do we get Prime shipping with the CSU Amazon account?

If you are connected correctly to the CSU Amazon account, yes. However, it will take more than 2 days if shipped to campus.

How do I order from CSU Amazon account?

Create an account with CSU, proceed like normal. Send invoices to your Accounting person.

How do I find my invoices?

Under “Your Orders” above each individual order on the top right is “Print Order Summary” this is the invoice.

What is the billing Address?

Colorado State University, Chemistry Department, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-1872.


Graduate Students

How do I do my oral exam or defense?

These will continue online.  Here is a link from the grad school for remote defenses and email submission of forms:

Grad School will also need the method of participation (skype, blue jeans, zoon, teams, etc.) Reach out to Kathy at with questions.

Send all grad forms via email to Kathy.  Kathy will check the forms for accuracy and then forward to the Chair for signature.  Once signed, they will be returned to you so you can forward to Grad School.  All emails to Grad School need to come from a CSU email address.

Here are guidelines for remote defenses:

What should I know about planning my remote exam or defense?

What is the signature process for preliminary & final dissertation defenses?

Either the advisor or Kathy Lucas will collect all the emails from a defense. The email should state how you participated and if it is a pass.

To be consistent, Kathy will collect all the emails and then forward to the graduate school with the appropriate form. The student will prepare the form and email to Kathy. See the graduate school notes below:

The department coordinator or advisor will help collect scanned signatures and/or email approvals for Graduate School forms. Once all approvals/votes are received, the coordinator or advisor will send the Graduate School one email, attaching a PDF of the GS form and its corresponding email approvals.

  • For all Graduate School forms: All email correspondence accepted in place of original signatures must come from a email account.
  • For GS16s and GS24s: In lieu of scanned signatures, committee members can send an email stating how they participated and how they voted (pass or fail). Forms may be submitted within five (5) business days.

What constitutes "critical need" research?

That is a question to discuss with your PI and they can then talk with Matt Shores about it.

Undergraduate Students

Will I still have lab classes?

Yes. Laboratory courses will continue to run through the end of the semester using remote technology. For more information, visit:

Who do I contact/where do I go for advising questions?

In our best interest to assist all students in our department during the current events and keep our campus safe for everyone, in-person academic advising appointments will not be scheduled at our office.  If you have any of the following questions, please follow the instructions below:

  • Advising Code for Fall Registration:  Please check your RAM web account to know who your current academic advisor is. Contact your advisor via email, share your academic plan and request the advising code. If Carlos Olivo-Delgado is your advisor, please send him an email to with your fall semester plan so he can approve it and grant you the advising code. Registration for the Fall Semester starts April 6.
  • Summer Session: If you are interested in registering for classes over the summer, please note that you do not need an advising code. You may email your advisor, share your plan for the summer, and register for classes. Registration for the Summer Session starts March 24.
  • Minor: If you are looking to declare a minor in Chemistry, download the form, complete the top portion and send it via email to to be processed.
  • Change of Major: If you are looking to declare a major in Chemistry, download the form, complete the top portion and send it via email to to be processed.
  • Transfer Credit Evaluation:  If you need your credits from other institutions to be evaluated as direct equivalent to CSU courses, please send the syllabi of the courses to and request the evaluation. The syllabi will be sent to the corresponding division for consideration and we will get back to you with the decision.
  • Other matters: Please share your academic advising questions via email to We want to support your college experience to the best of our abilities during this outstanding time.

How and when will I be able to access CLeRC?

We will be moving to a Canvas-based virtual CLeRC (Chemistry Learning Resource Center) that should be relatively easy to connect for students. Anyone at CSU with Canvas credentials can self-enroll using this link:

Once someone is enrolled, it will appear in their list of active Canvas courses. This means anyone can click directly and they won’t need to enter individual Canvas sections to access office hours or chemistry learning resources.

For questions specific to CLeRC, please contact Ben Reynolds.


Is the stockroom still open?

The Chemistry Stockroom is only be open from 11am-1pm for package pick ups and no walk up sales except on a case by case basis.

Who can I contact for stockroom-specific questions?

Please first visit our website at Still have questions? You can reach the stockroom via phone at 970-491-6238 or email Chemistry Stockroom Manager, Ben Shupe, at

Where can I park on campus, and will I have to pay?

Colorado State University’s Parking and Transportation Services has temporarily adjusted its parking regulations. Effective March 23, essential in-person staff and students on CSU campuses will not be required to have a valid parking permit or pay for short-term parking. This is a temporary policy that will be in effect until further notice.

CSU Parking and Transportation Services will continue to enforce safety violations to ensure service and emergency vehicle access to buildings. Enforcement will include vehicles parked in un-designated or restricted areas, J permitted areas (service vehicles only), ADA parking restrictions, fire lanes, bike lanes, loading zones and other no-parking areas.


Who do I contact for research-related questions?

Research-related questions/concerns should be funneled to Amber Krummel, Associate Chair.

Who do I contact for research safety questions?

Safety questions should be funneled to Chuck Henry, chair of the safety committee.

Where can I find more information about accessing the library?

The Chemistry librarian is Rachelle Ramer: Rachelle can help with:

  • Research and access questions (including research consultations for faculty and students)
  • Online video tutorials
  • Purchasing e-books or other materials

Remote / Off-campus Library Access

See our website for the most up-to-date instructions for off-campus access. Please don’t use PulseSecure or to access library resources, because VPN access is being prioritized for critical University services.

Library Resources for Online Instruction

  • Library resources in Canvas – How to embed librarians or Research Guides directly into Canvas.
  • Streaming media guide – Media available to use in your classes, including CSU databases and free resources.
  • Chemistry Research Guide – Subject-specific research guides that include database recommendations, book information, my contact information, and more.

For current information about the Libraries’ response to the COVID-19 situation, including building access updates, see their updates and resources page.

Is the CIF still accessible?

CIF instruments are not available as of Monday, March 23, but CIF personnel will be working remotely to help with research projects.

Back to top of page