Phone: (970) 491-3096
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ykpxpW8AAAAJ&hl=en
- B.S., State University of New York (SUNY)-Binghamton
- Ph.D., Colorado State University
- NSF ACC-F Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University
Imagine a global society powered by clean and abundant renewable energy. To make this transition possible, society must transform both the way it produces and consumes energy. My research program thus targets both required transformations: solar energy conversion to boost clean fuel production, and electrochemical energy storage to reprogram consumption. My group focuses on developing fundamental knowledge of nanoscale materials that promise to make these transitions possible. The group develops new imaging tools to "see" nanomaterials function in working device environments and uses this knowledge to guide materials design. Our long-term goal is to advance basic energy science to transform the way society consumes and produces energy.
Prospective students and postdocs are strongly encouraged to contact Justin!
Honors & Awards
- 2022 SEAC Royce W. Murray Young Investigator Award
- 2020 NSF CAREER Award
- 2020 DOE Early Career Award
- 2019 Scialog Fellow: Advanced Energy Storage, Research Corporation for Science Advancement
- 2017 Norman Edmund Inspirational Award
- 2017 Air Force Young Investigator Award
- 2011 NSF ACC-F Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2006 Walter E. Kaskin Award in Physical Chemistry